Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To Sail Or Not To Sail

What a stupid question!  Of course, subscribers of Good Ol' Boat will recognize that this has been appropriated, but it gives me a good excuse to write something.  For the first time in my life, I'm genuinely enjoying writing.  That's something of a sad statement for someone about to enter his fifth decade as sentient being on this planet, but better late than never.

At  the moment, I'm wearing a t-shirt that bears the title of this post.  My beloved wife gave it to me for Christmas and I love it.  I am at the stage of discovery in my sailing hobby where this statement accurately reflects my emotional state. I hope it continues for a very long time and I hope my wife comes to enjoy, if not the technical aspects, some of the many other aspects as much as I do.

I've lately become an early riser and since buying Sojourn, frequently sneak off to the boat on Sunday morning in time to dawn my headlight (another excellent give from my wife) and do a little tinkering before the sunrise starts.  There is something peaceful and tranquil about the calm pre-dawn morning. I would never put up with a cratchity old kerosene stove to make my coffee at home, but it somehow fits on these Sunday mornings.  I think I'm going to miss it somehow if I convert to propane.


Sojourn

No comments:

Post a Comment